Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've Made History

Well, I've made history in my house at least. Yesterday I mowed my first lawn. Actually I didn't even do the whole lawn. I just did a few strips of it.

My mother's friend gave me his old lawn mower. It is about 19 years old, and still running fine. He takes good care of his equipment. So yesterday he brought it over, showed me how to start it and how to use it. He did most of the lawn (I told him he didn't need to-- my boyfriend was going to do it), but he had me do a few strips to get the hang of it.

I've always told people that I've never mowed a lawn in my life. I don't know whether that is a big deal everywhere or not, but it is pretty unusual down here in Florida, where in the rainy season you have to mow about three times per week. However I had a brother and mother who mowed when I was growing up (I was the baby and got away with murder), and as an adult I've always lived in apartments.

So I made history yesterday. I mowed for the first time!

No comments: