Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An Introduction to My Weedy Garden

Hello, from deep within the weeds! My name is Heather, and I recently purchased my first house. This house came with a very overgrown and neglected yard, and it is now my job to try and tame this unruly mess that I call home! Let me take you on a quick tour of what I found when I first met with the realtor to view the home...

First I was greeted by a slightly overgrown front lawn and front bed, with arboricola going rangy:

Left Front


Out back I found weedy beds surrounding the deck...Deck Benches

To the right side out back I found a really weedy area, but once I looked closer I realized that it was an overgrown raised bed...
Garden

There was a HUGE overgrown ficus that hung all the way to the ground...
Big Tree

A shed stood with an unbelievable bouganvillea next to it (I have since found that the bougie is still sitting in a pot, and is not even in the ground)...
Landscaping 1

Behind the shed there is an unbelievably overgrown gardening area...
Gardening Area
So that is what I am dealing with. This blog will cover the transformation of my garden, from weeds to my own little eden. Come join me in the Weedy Garden and lend a hand!

2 comments:

Colin and Carol said...

Good luck with your blog Heather we look forward to following your exploits. Have a happy holiday and a merry Christmas.

nfmgirl said...

Thank you, Colin and Carol. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!