Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Garden Progress

Aside from working behind the shed, as I mentioned earlier, we've gotten some other work done in the garden.

I finally planted the hibiscus that I got on clearance for $5.
Hibiscus planted

This is monumental, because it is the first thing that I have planted in my garden, and it is one of the only things that I have ever planted in my life.

Woodrow also helped me by pruning the dead debris from the banana trees and the freeze-damaged chenille plant.
Pile of debris

We got most of the raised garden bed cleared out.
Raised bed now

Just as a reminder, this is what it looked like when I moved in.
Garden

I also split the cauliflower between two pots.
Cauliflower split

It's probably still way too many cauliflower in a pot, but I will probably transplant some into the garden bed once it's ready.

My mangoes are still growing.
Mango

To give some perspective, this was the same mango a week before.
Mango

My sweet yellow pepper has bloomed.
Sweet Pepper blooms

It appears that my eggplant is about to bloom.
Eggplant bloom

My tomatoes are beginning to turn red.
Tomatoes

The lemon still has tons of beautiful blooms waiting to open, and lots of fruit ripening.
Lemon blooms

The blackberry bush still has fruit growing and ripening.
Raspberries

Raspberries

So the gardening goes on...

No comments: