Sunday, February 15, 2009

Progress Report

Tonight my project, aside from weeding the area in front of the raised bed, was potting some of the plants that I've gotten in the last couple of days.

I got a couple of strawberry plants today. They are two different kinds, so that I can see which one seems to work better. One already has a bunch of berries on it.
Strawberries

I've never had luck with strawberries before, so we'll see how it goes.

I potted the Meyer Lemon (seen with the strawberries)...
Lemon and strawberries

...and the Guava (seen with my Bird of Paradise, that doesn't have a place in my yard yet).

Bird of Paradise and Guava

I potted Lemon Thyme with my Eggplant.
Eggplant and lemon thyme, pepper

The pepper appears about ready to bloom.
Pepper

I put Basil with my tomato.
Tomato and Basil

My little mangoes continue to grow. This is the largest one that I found.
Mango

I noticed that my orange tree is looking pretty peaked.
Orange looking piqued

I wonder whether it is the cold weather (I think I left it out during the last cold snap), or if it just needs a good fertilization?

I didn't get to the other stuff (like the Passion Flower and Raspberry, nor get the cauliflower split up into two pots). Next time.

No comments: